RIE® Certified Parent-Infant Guidance™ classes encourage babies to be attentive, active, exploring and aware of self and others. Designed to encourage children to become authentic and responsible from an early age, Parent-Infant Guidance classes help parents to be confident in their supportive role towards this great discovery. Facilitated by a RIE Associate, small groups of parents and babies come together in a relaxing, infant-friendly environment to take pleasure in the infants’ unfolding development and play. Groups are on-going and remain together in continuous sessions until the youngest turns two.
Topics for discussion often include:
- Age-appropriate expectations
- The importance of play in children’s learning
- Balancing parents’ and children’s needs and wants
- Establishing clear, consistent, and appropriate limits
- Adapting the home environment as baby grows
Classes are limited to six infants and their parents. Whenever possible, infants are grouped according to their stages of motor development.
Please complete the online Registration Form prior to purchasing this course.