In this 3-session class for new parents or parents-to-be, participants will learn skills to care for their newborn in a gentle, respectful way. Using a combination of experiential exercises, video, demonstration, and lecture, parents will learn and practice how to improve the quality of their infant’s life through high-quality caregiving.
The class will cover how to perform the following skills, demonstrated by research to effectively prevent postpartum depression, increase relationship satisfaction, and support your baby’s optimal development:
- How to perform basic infant body care: diapering, dressing, feeding and bathing
- How to transform the mundane chores of basic infant care into loving and security boosting interactions that are peaceful, confidence building and stimulating for all of you
- How to read and respond to your infant’s cues and signals
- How an infant experiences and discovers the world
- How to share with your partner in your baby’s care and play
Please complete our online Registration Form prior to purchasing this course.